GCE A LEVEL
The GCE program allows students to develop ideas through sustained and focused investigations informed by contextual and other sources, demonstrating analytical and critical understanding.
Students will explore and select appropriate resources ,media , materials, techniques and processes, reviewing and refining ideas as their work develops.They will understand how to record ideas and observations by reflecting critically on their work and progression.
Learners develop professional knowledge, understanding and skills in the selected field by developing their critical awareness and their ability to research and synthesize complex information.
The aims and objectives of Pearson Edexcel GCE in Art and Design are to enable students to develop:
- imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities
- investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgment
- independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes
- an interest in, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of art, craft and design
- their experience of working with a broad range of media
- knowledge and understanding of art, craft, design and media and technologies.