FOUNDATION DIPLOMA IN ART & DESIGN
The primary aim of the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design is to educate students to make informed decisions which will facilitate their progression to appropriate higher education in art and design.
Skills already possessed are linked with ideas and challenges, which extend students’ critical independence and enable them to demonstrate a full understanding of the application of art and design, relevant to progression opportunities and career choice.
Additionally, the program aims to develop the students’ ability to analyse, reflect on and review their progress within the context of art and design and to increase their personal independence in developing ideas and extending their skills in using materials, techniques and processes.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design aims to:
- enhance students’ capacity to learn and develop skills and creativity
- develop students’ critical awareness and understanding of the contemporary visual world
- develop students’ ability in methods of creative production by maintaining an open mind towards the exploration of new ideas
- provide a context in which students are able to identify and interpret their strengths
- develop students’ understanding and awareness of the opportunities and demands of study in art, design, craft and communication in order to translate potential and ability into realisable goals within higher education